Dear young researchers and their scientific advisors!
Novosibirsk State University invites you to participate in the XVII International Students Conference “Ecology of Russia and adjacent territories” (ISCE-2012) that will be held from 26th to 29th of October, 2012.
The conference is an annual event held since 1996 by Department of Natural Sciences of Novosibirsk State University with active participation of the leading research institutes of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and with support of the Department for natural resources and environment protection of Novosibirsk Region Government and the Committee for environment protection and natural resources of the Novosibirsk City Administration.
Scientific programme of the Conference includes talks on the following topics:
1. Ecological analytics and chemical monitoring of ecosystems. Physical and chemical analysis of natural objects.
2. Biological monitoring of natural and technogenic ecosystems.
4. Ecological catalysis and adsorption.
5. Modern chemical technologies of rational environment management and protection.
6. Biotechnology and biosafety.
7. Medical and biological problems caused by environment pollution.
8. Ecological aspects of herbal sources usage.
9. Environmental economics and management.
Foreign speakers are specially invited to take part in the English-only section for students and young scientists on contemporary problems of ecology and natural sciences.
To take part in the conference, you should:
2. Attach to your application:
a. the abstract of your work meeting the guidelines published on the website,
b. a scan copy of your abstract with the signature of your scientific advisor.
The deadline for submitting the abstracts and applications is September, 23rd, 2012.
ISCE is the largest students’ ecology conference in Russia and CIS. Scientific committee consists of the leading scientists of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. All abstracts successfully passing the scientific admission are published in the conference proceedings. The best reports of the Conference will be awarded by diplomas and prizes.
Working language of the Conference are Russian. Special english-speaking section will be organized for non-Russian-speaking participants.
Participants can apply for full-time (publication + oral presentation) or correspondence (publication without visiting the conference) participation in the Conference.
For foreign participants from countries outside the former USSR, there’s no conference fee.
Accommodation on the NSU student campus is provided for a cost of 550 Russian rubles (appr. 15 Euros) per night.
During the Conference following side events are planned:
· Youth School on contemporary problems in chemical, biological and radiation safety. Lectures will be presented by the leading scientists of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and innovational companies.
· Visits to the leading biological and chemical institutes of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk Insitute for Blood Circulation Pathology, State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology "VECTOR".
· Cultural programme including a number of city excursions, visits to the world famous Novosibirsk Zoo, to the Opera and Ballet Theater.
Contacts of the organizing committee:
Novosibirsk State University, FEN, IESC Organizing Committee.
Pirogova str., 2, Novosibirsk 630090
Conference website: http://eco.nsu.ru
Looking forward to see you in Novosibirsk,
Head of the IESC-2012 Organizing Committee,
Vice-Rector on Research of Novosibirsk State University, Professor in Molecular Biology, Doctor of Biological Sciences, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences